Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Woke up one day and threw all the excuses out the window...

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you could clear away all the excuses?  We all have them.  I'm too busy, too tired, my kids are involved in sports, dance, band, etc. I work full time, I travel for business, and the list goes on and on.  Let's imagine for a minute that you have NO EXCUSES...What can you do?
I had all the excuses imaginable for years...kids, husband, tired, money, job, you name it.  Then one day I decided I didn't want to live my life and never do anything.  I had dreams I had just put them all on the back burner and to be quite honest I was so lost I couldn't even think of what would make me happy.  I had lost all my dreams and ambition.  I was just existing for my husband and children and guess what they weren't happy either because who wants a wife and mother that is lost somewhere inside herself and doesn't know who she is?  I felt like I was on a hamster wheel and was constantly running but wasn't getting anywhere.  I was constantly doing what I thought would make my husband, children, boss, etc. happy but really no one was.  I decided I didn't want to do it anymore.  I wanted to know who I was and what would bring me joy.  My personal choice was to surrender to God and ask for help.  That is the day my new journey began.  I had no clue in the beginning where I would be led.  As a matter of fact I didn't have much hope of succeeding on my own but what I found was that with His help I could lean on Him and he little by little reduced my fog and provided insight into certain areas of my life. 
First, I decided to lose weight something I had been struggling with since my parents divorced when I was 5.  I intentionally cleaned out the entire house of any food that might tempt me. Then I spoke to my husband and daughter and asked them not to bring anything into our home that wasn't healthy. Next, I PLANNED what I was going to eat and I bought it and put it in the house.  I cut things up and put them in containers or ziplock bags so that everything was quick and easy to get to.  I always planned the night before for where I would be the next day and what I needed to do to be able to stay on track.  Sometimes that meant carrying a cooler with ice packs or my magic bullet to mix things in.  Whatever I needed I made sure I was prepared so I wouldn't get hungry or caught out somewhere without a healthy eating option.  Guess what?  I found that being prepared made it so much easier and kept me from getting hungry and I was successful.  Maybe your issue isn't weight...maybe it's financial, organization, work related, etc.  Then you need to develop a plan to deal with the excuses.  Sit down and write down what your goal is.  Then write down EVERY excuse you can think of as to why it will not work.  Next, write down what you can do to answer the excuse...plan for success.  There is a solution to every excuse...IF (and that's the variable here) you truly want to make the change.  Then plan for what you are going to do today and tomorrow to be successful.  Who are you going to share with to hold you accountable.  Write words of encouragement on sticky notes and put them on your bathroom mirror, refrigerator, car steering wheel, etc. Somewhere you will see them everyday and multiple times a day to encourage yourself to stay on track.  Anytime a negative thought comes into your brain counteract it with a positive rebuttal and pretty soon you will be amazed that you are having more positive than negative thoughts.  Take one step at a time toward your goal, stay focused, don't give up and you will succeed.  The ONLY failure is in quitting. 
What would happen if you woke up today and threw away all your excuses?  I predict SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment