Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Monday, January 27, 2014

Whether you look for the positive or the negative that's what you will find.

Along this journey I have made many discoveries but one that has really come to the forefront lately is that whatever I look for that is what I find.  For more years than I care to admit I could always find things that my husband or children did to annoy me.  Most frequently it was my husband because my children are amazing, of course!! LOL  My husband worked too many hours, he couldn't be anywhere on time, he didn't pay enough attention to me, he always had time for everyone but never time for me, and the list goes on and on.  Recently, with God's help, I decided to try focusing on the things my husband does that are positive and I started seeing him in a whole new light.  My husband works very hard to provide for his family and without exception if anyone needs or wants anything he will do whatever it takes to make it happen.  He comes home to me every night; I don't have to worry about him being faithful.  He will help whenever asked by relatives, friends and even strangers.  He will cook, clean, help with the children and now the grandchildren and loves doing it!  He keeps my vehicle running well so I don't have to worry and I always have the best vehicle in the family because he doesn't want anything to happen to me.  He has helped me move classrooms over the years more times than I care to remember.  He has helped our children and grandchildren, my parents, grandparents, etc. whenever asked and many time when not asked.  It is amazing when I sit down and really think about all he has done then the little things really don't seem to matter and I start having trouble remembering what they were.  That's what started me down this path of thinking about why some people are positive and others are negative and I discovered that whatever I look for that's what I find.  If I'm looking for the negative that is what I will see and if I focus on the positive that is what I will see.  So I am choosing to focus on the positive and put my blinders on until it is such a habit that I can't see the negative in people.  Let's face it we ALL have negative aspects of our character that's what makes us sinners.  I am choosing to find the positive because of the way it makes me feel when I focus on the positives in life.  That may make me selfish but I'd rather be selfishly looking for the positive than the negative (each is selfish but one makes me feel good while the other doesn't).  What are you going to choose today? I'm praying for you to look for the positive for your sake!
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment