Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Secret to my 134 pound weight loss!

I get asked daily...how did you do it? Why do you think you were successful this time?  I have been thinking about that and have come up with a few things that have really impacted my life.  Number one is that I surrendered to God and asked for his help with my whole heart.  I can tell you before this I believed in God and was raised with my Grandma taking me to church and believing but I didn't trust God to work in my life.  I thought he only helped other people with far more pressing issues than my fat.  What I found by taking a few minutes each morning to read his word and to be honest, I didn't even know where to start so I looked in my bible and found study suggestions and started there.  I also, read Proverbs based on what day of the month is was.  For example: if it was August 5th I read Proverb 5.  In the beginning, not much happened but over days and weeks I started to listen to what God was saying to me and no the skies didn't part and he didn't speak loudly...what I noticed was the thoughts he put into my head which seemed foreign and several times I would feel this overwhelming happy feeling, tingling, warmth come over me.  I am learning to ask questions of God and then listen to what he tells me through my thoughts.  I know to some of you it will sound crazy but if you can trust and try I know he will speak to you too.  I also know most of us are very busy and don't think we have time for this but I will tell you in my experience I have more time now than ever before because he is showing me what is REALLY important and what isn't which is freeing up my time and making me much more calm.  I have learned to ask for what I want when I pray.  Praying is something that I have always done on a daily basis but usually for family members and friends not for myself.  I am learning to ask God to be present in all my decisions on a daily basis, ask specifically for what I want to see happen, and that he give me a heart to love the way Jesus loved.  It has made a HUGE difference in my life and I pray you will find the same will happen with your journey.  I know it will if you can surrender and then TRUST HIM.
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment