Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Slow to anger, slow to speak, quick to listen

Wow, Thanksgiving came and went very quickly and I cannot believe there are only 22 more days until Christmas!!  My daughter talked me into going Black Friday shopping on Thursday evening...yes that's right our great retailers have moved black Friday up to Thursday but that's another story.  We were at Wal-Mart for the iPad mini deal and I was standing in line and a lady got mad at me for standing there, where Wal-Mart had stationed the line and she kept knocking into me with her cart.  I turned around and said ma'am I'm in line here and cannot move.  She became irate and started taking her anger out on me because she couldn't move as quickly as she would have liked.  I turned to her and said "Merry Christmas and God Bless You".  Then I turned back around while she fumed and finally got away from me.  The people who were around me in line could not believe it nor could I.  I don't think you need to be mean to people ever but I especially think that shopping on Black Friday requires a lot of patience.  This time of year should be joyful and a celebration of our Savior; that is the reason for Christmas and if we have to fight each other to get what we want then there is something terribly wrong!!  I found the verse James 1:19-20 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires (NIV).  I have been trying to work on the listening part.  I am finding that being a good listener requires much concentration and work.  I am also finding that it is the key to good communication.  I hope as we draw closer to Christmas you will think about this verse and how it can help with the people you encounter.  Even if they are angry we have a choice to not escalate the situation and perhaps even turn it around to something positive.
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment