Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Monday, November 25, 2013

Silence in preparation for...

     I haven't posted in a few days because I have been thinking...Yes thinking...what message do I want to send?  What is everyone doing to prepare for the upcoming holidays?  Some people are so excited and love the entire season and others dread it because of loss, family issues, stress, etc.  I love the holiday season and have always enjoyed decorating and getting together.  Then I had children and everyone started coming to my home for the holidays and I have to admit stress starting seeping in and I didn't enjoy the holidays as much as I would like.  Don't get me wrong I still LOVE the holiday just not having to rush and stress out about all the preparations.  So this year I have taken time to meditate and ask God for help and I have been making lists and getting things done earlier.  First thing in the morning I read my Bible, pray, and find that ideas come to my mind that help me (yes I know it's HIM) plan what I want to do.  I have had ideas pop into my head for years; the difference now is that I keep a paper and pencil handy and when the idea comes to mind I jot it down.  Then I put it on my list and I remember the awesome idea!!  I have already organized what is going to happen Thursday for Thanksgiving and what I need to do each day to make sure everything is ready.  It has already relieved much of my stress because I have a plan.  I also did holiday shopping with my husband and when I came home instead of putting presents in the closet I wrapped them right away so I will not have to wrap presents Christmas Eve while everyone else is having fun!  I spoke to my husband about expectations so that both of ours are met and we can both have an enjoyable holiday with family and friends. 
     Another thing I have done is told everyone what I am making; the turkey, steamed broccoli, and two pumpkin pies and then let each family bring what they would like so that everyone has their holiday traditions and I don't have to cook as much so I can enjoy the holiday with them. 
     My wonderful husband has arranged for one of his clients, who owns a cleaning service, to clean our home on Tuesday so that I don't have to stress about cleaning Wednesday after work while I'm baking and getting the food ready.  I know he is awesome and that's probably why we've been married 26 years!! LOL 
     I know many of you have family issues that make the holiday challenging, as do I, but I will let you know that I have learned a VERY valuable lesson this year (yes I may be a little slow).  I have learned that I only have control over myself and just because someone tries to start something I don't have to participate.  I can ignore rude behavior, walk away, smile, or ??? but I don't have to get sucked into their issues or any drama.  That choice is mine.  I am choosing to be myself and let them deal with their own issues.  I choose to be happy!
     I am wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving and pray everyone has a pleasant holiday. I would love to have you comment about any ideas you have, any traditions your family enjoys, or anything else you would like to share.
God Bless!
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment