Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Friday, November 8, 2013

Do you find the holidays a stressful time?

This month we are all stopping to think about what we are thankful for and we all have many things to be thankful for.  I am very thankful for my relationship with God, my family, friends, my job, home, great weather, and the list goes on and on.  But I have been thinking about the Holidays and how stressful they become and how we all have different expectations during the Holidays.  Some family members think the celebration would look perfect one way while others think it would be better a different way.  There is no right or wrong way just different ways.  I think we all would agree that we would like to enjoy the fellowship and experience of sharing it with those we love and care about. 
Having said that I got to wondering what would happen if everyday we looked at what we like about each other?  What are the things that drew us together in the first place? What does your spouse, children, grandchildren, relatives, friends do that you like or admire?  And then in a sincere way we expressed that?  How would that change you?  Yes you!  When we start looking for the good or positive in each other it brings out the best in us!  Yes people will say things and quite frankly hurt us but we don't have to buy into the negativity.  That's them...I can respond positively and look for the good in them and that makes me feel better.  It makes my experiences better.  Most people say mean things and lash out at others because of their own hurt, shame, guilt, or life experiences...many times it has nothing to do with the person being lashed out against.  Everyone has pain in their life and we often think we are the only ones experiencing the pain but in reality that's just not true.
I dare you to look for only the positive in every situation today and everyday the rest of the month.  Then I want you to look back and reflect on what you see?  How do you feel?  What changes do you see in yourself?  Then I dare you to continue this positive journey with me.  I think you will be amazed.  Please leave me comments of what experiences you have.  I'm looking forward to hearing all the great transformations that happen. 
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment