Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How are you preparing mentally for the Holidays?

We've all had a few days to think about the holidays and how we can prepare to make the experience a positive one even if others in our family are not so positive.  I have been planning the meal and thinking about everything I need to do to get ready.  Since I work, more than full time, like most of you; I realize one of the things that puts pressure on me during the holidays is always having to rush and do things last minute because I don't have time to plan and prepare.  The last few days I have been thinking, searching and asking my husband what his vision for Thanksgiving is this year.  I have started preparing a shopping list and recipes that fit into everyone's meal plans.  I also have decided to do a little activity this year when everyone comes in and then share the responses to hopefully change the climate of the holiday.  I want to avoid the frustration I often feel while trying to prepare everything, get all the dishes to the table and still have them be hot, and serve everything on time because it seems I have relatives that like to get there just in time to eat and then leave shortly after.  While I am hoping everyone will notice a change and be happy this year I know realistically I cannot make everyone happy when dealing with so many people, personalities, and expectations.  What will be different this year is MY attitude which is the ONLY thing I HAVE CONTROL over.  I would love to hear any ideas, traditions, or activities that you have found to be successful. 
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment