Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Monday, October 21, 2013

Learning to Say No

Many of us find it difficult to say no.  We feel guilty, or like we will be letting someone down, and that if we are strong we should be able to handle it.  What I am finding is that by saying no to some things it allows me to say YES to the things I care about.  The things that can build me up and make me a better wife, mom, grandmother, and even a better ME.  We all need some quiet, reflective time to be still and listen to our inner thoughts that give us great guidance and help us work through what we need and want to be doing with our lives.  If we are busy all the time we cannot hear that voice that can lead us down the path of success, freedom, fulfillment and even our life's passion.  Taking a few minutes everyday to gain this insight will definitely be worth it in the long run.  When someone asks you to do something take a few seconds to think...is this something that will cause me stress? something that we take away from what I need/want to be doing? Will I or my family suffer if I say yes? and last but not least...Is this something I feel passionate about?  If the answer to the first three is YES then say NO thank you; if the answer to the last question is NO then say a resounding NO.  By being more selective about what you say no to, you will discover that you have a lot more time to do the things you have been wanting to do and your life will be less stressful and more rewarding because you will be saying YES to the things you are passionate about and therefore fulfilling your life's true purpose. 

Just for today think before you say YES automatically!
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment