Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I am not a product of my circumstances, I am a product of my decisions!

Today's affirmation: I am not a product of my circumstances, I am a product of my decisions! When I read this today it made me think!  We spend a lot of time worrying and telling ourselves what we cannot do because of what has happened to us or what we are going through.  We say to ourselves I can't do that because _____________.  So in so is so lucky because they can _______________ but they don't understand the struggles I have.  In reality there is not one person on the planet that doesn't have struggles or a past that doesn't include some hardships.  The choices we make regarding the hardships are what define who we are and what we can do!  We can sit in the place of I can't change this, I can't deal with this, I can't do this because of ______________ OR we can turn it around and think I can __________.  For example:  I can't buy a gift for my spouse because I don't have any money.  What can I do?  I can make a card and tell them all the ways they make my life special or all the things I am grateful for.  I could make a coupon book with items such as: good for one free back massage, good for one free car wash, good for one night of cooking dinner, you get the idea.  Perhaps it's a friend: good for one free night of childcare, good for one hour of cleaning, etc.  You change the I can't into an I can.  It works with anything but one that I hear over and over is I can't afford it or we don't have the money to...What can you do today to help the future?  You could make your coffee at home instead of buying it, you could cook a meal instead of stopping and grabbing something to eat out, you could pack a lunch instead of buying, you could save the leftovers and prepare them tomorrow instead of throwing them away, you could cut up your fruits and vegetables and put them in containers as soon as you bring them into the house so that they are easy to eat and quick to use so they won't go bad, you can take good care of what you do purchase so that it lasts longer, you could polish your toe nails and get rid of your acrylic nails, stop buying cigarettes, soda, alcohol, walk, carpool, or take the bus instead of driving and save gas and the list goes on and on.  It's a shift in mind set.  Every time you have an I can't thought ask yourself What CAN I DO?  Then focus on what step you can take.  When you do this over time you will feel empowered and less in the depths of despair.  It is about doing it consistently not about changing everything in a week.  We tend to want everything to happen NOW or we feel it isn't working when in fact little changes over time become habits that last a lifetime and make a HUGE impact!!  Today I challenge you to stop yourself every time you have an I can't thought and replace it with an I CAN statement and then do it.  Please take three minutes to watch this video and then tell me about choices! This is an amazing man who has had to make some VERY difficult decisions in his life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_5wDmX3kY
God Bless,
Nena


#getoffthescale #choices #ican #positive #changeyourlife #habits #decisions #circumstances #weightloss

No comments:

Post a Comment