Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Worry, doubt, fear, shame, guilt...devil in disguise!

Do you ever find yourself worrying about things you have no control over?  Maybe you fear the unknown or the outcome of a situation you have absolutely NO control over.  Do you doubt yourself when you make a decision and second guess yourself?  Do you carry around shame or guilt from the past; even after you have been forgiven?  I have great NEWS!! You are going to be so excited to find out you NEVER have to carry around these debilitating thoughts again.  Philippians 4:6-7 says...Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)  I tell you that worry, doubt, fear, shame, guilt and the other debilitating thoughts you experience are NOT from God they are of Satan.  Do not let Satan steal your joy!!  Stop immediately and pray for God to take control (he's in control already!).  Give it to God and then, here's the hard part, get out of His way and let HIM handle it.  Don't try to take it back and control the situation just step back and witness as HE leads.  He will not lead you where you don't need to go.  If we keep taking it back and getting in His way it takes Him longer to do His good work in you.  So if you're saying God why haven't you?  OR Why is it taking so long for you to answer my prayer?  Step back and take a good long look at yourself and ask yourself...When I gave it to God did I take it back?  Am I trying to control the situation?  Am I trying to manipulate the outcome I want?  If the answer to any of these questions is YES then you answered the previous question too.  That's the reason he hasn't been able to do the work in you and that's why it's taking Him so long.  You are preventing Him for doing the work in you by taking control. So for today are you willing to hand CONTROL over to God and then get out of His way and let Him do the work you are praying for?  He can't do it if you don't have FAITH in HIM and surrender control to HIM!
One thing that has helped me in this area (and I am not a Master by any means! Sometimes I have to give it back to HIM over and over again!! But at least now I KNOW what I need to do!) is to create a list of 10 things I am grateful (or thankful) for every day and speak them out loud to Him and give praise to Him for all he is doing in me.  I dare you to try it for 30 days and see what impact it has in your life.  Then comment below to help others.  If you do it already comment below to give others the courage to do it themselves and make a difference in someone's life.
God Bless,
Nena
#getoffthescale #weightloss #loseweight #inspiration #scripture #Philippians4:6-7 #praisegod #control #worry #doubt #fear #Satan #God #shame #guilt

No comments:

Post a Comment