Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

He is strong when I am weakest

The spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. Romans 8:26
Do you ever have those nagging doubts about your ability?  Areas of your life where you feel weak?  You go along for a while feeling strong, doing well, and then little doubts start coming in and making you feel weak...making you feel less than victorious, less than courageous, less than strong. 
My weak places frustrate me, at times I feel like I may never learn and keep doing it over and over again. Then I remember, with the power of Christ, all things can be made new and all broken things can be restored again. I get so tired of feeling weak.
Things can be going along so well, everything is working together and I feel strong, warm, and fuzzy all over and then all of a sudden someone (or something) comes along and snatches my soft, warm, cuddly blanket away!!  Leaving me cold, shivering, and shaking.  That is exactly what the weak places feel like.
What is your weak place...a temper? insecurities? a family dysfunction that is always simmering?  May I offer a word of hope in your weakness?  Whatever you are dealing with no matter how large or small know that God helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. Romans 8:26
We don't have to have all the answers because He does.  It's okay to be so tired of our weak places that we run out of words to pray because we can lean on Him.  Look at all the Hope and encouragement He offers US:
There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  Romans 8:1
You, however, are not controlled by the sinful nature but by the Spirit.  Romans 8:9
If God is for us, who can be against us?  Romans 8:31
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us.  Romans 8:37

Perhaps we need to meditate or sit quietly today and try to figure things out without condemnation or the swirl of trying to figure things out.  Quiet knowing with absolute assurance that the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
He knows what to pray and he understands our weakness.  He has a purpose for our weak places.  Though it doesn't feel good, we can trust that good will come from it.  Romans 8:28  While we are quiet in our weakness God will give us hope; a glimmer of light that will over shadow our weakness.  Even the smallest drop of God's strength is more than enough to cover our frailties, our shortcomings, the places where we deem ourselves weak.  We will cast off that label...We ARE NOT weak.
 We are dependent on the only one powerful enough to help us.  The only only sufficient enough to cover us in grace throughout the process of growing stronger.  Our relationships, circumstances, willpower, and confidence may not be sufficient but God is sufficient, forever will be. 
Hear Him speak this promise straight to your heart: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Instead of wallowing in my weak place I chose to let the Spirit reveal the one positive step I can take today.  I will wash away the condemnation with the warmth of HIS grace.  I will receive His power.  I will rename the weakness my strong place. "For when I am weak, then I am strong."  2 Corinthians 12:10 
Dear God,
I am so grateful to know that when I am weak, You are strong.  Help me see the positive steps I can take to grow stronger in my weak places. 
In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment