Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Monday, February 10, 2014

Whatever you do, do it all for the Glory of God.

I Corinthians 10:31
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
This is a very powerful verse for me.  Along my journey I never associated God with my eating.  Remember I ate because I loved food!  It tasted good.  This verse of course can be applied to many different areas of our lives but today as I read it, something reached out to me about honoring God with what we eat or drink and how that applied to my life.  If I am a child of God, which of course I am, then my body is a temple and I am to do whatever I do for HIS glory.  If I am stuffing myself and eating to excess then how am I honoring HIM?  I will be honest it took me a long time to realize that God was playing a major part in my weight loss.  I am embarrassed to say that I did not give him full credit for what was happening in my journey.  I was losing the weight; I was counting the calories; I was choosing to eat healthier; and the list goes on and on.  Only one problem with that...the first thing I did was to surrender to HIM and beg for his help and then things started to change.  I found the system to help me not only loose weight but to feel better, feel alive, have energy (even before the weight came off), sleep well, and feel amazingly positive with NO CRAVINGS!! Sounds like a dream and it was!! A dream come true.  I had amazing support from my family.  I had the desire and conviction to stay with it and didn't feel deprived.  And I felt VERY PROUD of myself.  Then I realized I had given it to God but then as I was being successful I took it back.  It wasn't mine to take back.  It was all God!  I had never been successful before on my own...the only difference was this time I gave it to HIM and asked him to guide me and then when he did I tried to take it back for me.  I thank God everyday that He was patient with me and waited for me to realize (with a little coaxing of course) that it isn't about me; It was HIM all along and that is why I have been successful this time and not any of the times before.  I was always doing it alone before but this time I had a Co Pilot to keep me on track and help me through it all.  Now my focus is in the right place...all the glory be to GOD!!  Without Him I am nothing.  I hope you will surrender to HIM today and let Him help you...it is His desire and He is a LOVING GOD!
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment