Pages

Before and After

Before and After
134 Pound Weight Loss

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Super Bowl OH NO WHAT DO I EAT??

Everyone has been asking me over the past few days..."What do I do about the Super Bowl?"  "It's so hard to enjoy the party when I am limited by what I can eat."  I don't look at it as limited.  That gives me the idea that I am being denied or I will be hungry.  Much of the weight "issue" or "problem" is our mental thoughts.  When you tell yourself you are being denied, or you can't do it, or it will be hard; that is what happens.  Tell yourself what you can do.  I can go to the super bowl party and take a dish that I can eat without worrying, I can taste test a few items and not eat too much, I can enjoy the game, people and conversation without eating everything in the house.  Focus on the positive not the negative.  Another really great thing to do is to eat a healthy meal BEFORE you ever get to the party.  You won't be hungry and therefore will be less likely to eat more than you need to.  Make sure your meal is high in protein to keep you from being hungry.  I am making a crock pot full of chicken tex-mex soup: http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/healthy-crock-pot-chicken-recipes  It is healthy, tasty, and filling.  I am also having steamed broccoli, brown rice, fruit and veggie platter and some healthy dips made with greek yogurt.  The party is at our home and I have told people they may bring what they like but I find most of the time they want to eat the same things I make because they are tasty and good for you.  Whatever you do plan ahead, be prepared, and focus on what you can do.  Enjoy the day and the fellowship with family and friends!
God Bless,
Nena

No comments:

Post a Comment